Cheap Flights to Madrid, Spain
Madrid is a real gift for lovers of city walks. In this city, you can wander endlessly through the most interesting streets and squares, discovering more and more new details in the appearance of streets and houses. In Madrid, the tourist begins to understand how strongly the architecture of the city affects its inhabitants. Wherever you go, the city offers an amazing kaleidoscope of experiences. The best way to make sure of this is to buy cheap tickets to sunny Madrid, Spain with the help of Wowfare and plan your ideal trip in advance.
Best Tourist Attractions in Madrid
It is worth starting exploring the city from Puerta del Sol. Next to the square, you will see a grandiose ensemble that includes the Almudena Cathedral, the Royal Palace, the Real Theater and Oriente Square. This is without a doubt the most outstanding place in Madrid. In the Plaza de España, take a closer look at the monument to Miguel Cervantes and try to resist pulling the tail of Sancho Panza’s donkey. Visit the Triangle of Art: the Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Gallery and the Reina Sofia Museum with works by contemporary Spanish and foreign artists.
You won’t be full of spiritual food alone, so the next must-see thing in Madrid is the Jamon Museum, where you can eat the best serrano (white pig jerky) and Iberico. For the most delicious squid sandwiches, visit the cozy Bar Postas or El Brilliante cafe. The gastronomic pride of the capital is thick pea soup with smoked cocido madrileno that tourists must try in the Malacatín tavern.
Another of the main reasons why you should definitely visit Madrid is flamenco. It is difficult to imagine a city without the vibrant art of folk dance. Those who want to enjoy a magnificent spectacle should visit the annual Caja Madrid Flamenco Festival.
Exclusive Advice from Wowfare
- The best time to visit Spain is from March to May and from September to October. From March to May, the temperature slowly rises from 17-21°C, while in September and early October it is at around 18-23°C. Therefore, if you decide to go to the beach, you will enjoy the weather.
- With the Madrid Card you get free access to over 50 museums in the capital, as well as free sightseeing and skip-the-line access to the Prado, Reina Sofia and Royal Palace museums. The cost of the card includes funicular rides, excursions, discounts in restaurants and shops, and much more. The validity period of the card can be from 1 to 3 days.
- You need to be especially careful on sidewalks. One of the most common methods of robbers is “tyrone”, motorcyclists grab bags from passers-by right on the go. Stay sharp for areas like La Latina, Plaza de España and some areas north of Gran Vía.
- Get ready for the fact that you can have breakfast in a beautiful and cozy cafe no earlier than at 11:00. The Spaniards, who don’t like to work, don’t open their establishments early in the morning, and in the afternoon they also have a siesta. At 7:00-8:00 only fast food chains are working.
- To find budget air tickets, it’s better to be flexible with the departure city. For example, the round-trip flight from Miami to Madrid can cost less than flights from other US cities. As well as, flights from Madrid to Miami may be less expensive than flying to another US city.
Best Way to Book Cheap Flights to Madrid
The atmosphere of fun and idleness of the eternally young Madrid harmoniously coexists with palaces and museums that serenade the history of this glorious city. With Wowfare team you will find the best low-cost flights to Madrid, Spain and fully enjoy your vacation!
Best ticket prices to Madrid
Best vacation destinations
It’s never too late to book this trip. Get the best flight prices on all international flights!